Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Craig Kaplan said at the end of the hearing he would take arguments from both sides “under submission” and render a written decision at an undisclosed date. Cosby, 78, lost a previous bid to fend off the same lawsuit on similar grounds last year, a fact Kaplan noted during Thursday’s proceedings. He added that Cosby’s latest challenge to the case “just seems like a second bite at the same apple”. Cosby’s accuser, Judy Huth, now in her 50s, sued the entertainer in December 2014, alleging that he plied her with alcohol and molested her during an encounter at the Playboy Mansion in Los Angeles in 1974. Cosby’s attorneys have called Huth’s account a fabrication, asserted that her case stemmed from a failed extortion attempt and argued that she waited too long, under the statute of limitations, to bring a case.
Judge weighs bid to dismiss child sex abuse claim against Cosby
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- For The First Time Nursing Homes Will Have Staffing Requirements — What Will Change?
- To Be Black in Trump’s America: American Carnage
- Voting In Black Areas Went Down, When Confederate-Glorifying Monuments Went Up In The South
- A Favorite Cause Of Republicans Since Reagan — Georgia’s Indictment Of Trump Is A Confirmation Of States ‘Rights’A Favorite Cause Of Republicans Since Reagan — Georgia’s Indictment Of Trump Is A Confirmation Of States ‘Rights’
- Long Before DOJ Inquiry Advocates Say They Saw ‘Horrific’ Conditions In Atlanta Jails