Protesters from Black Lives Matter and White Lives Matter trade shouts and angry rhetoric during protest, Police stand between both groups.HOUSTON, TX — Members of the White Lives Matter movement protested outside the Anti-Defamation League on Saturday, and were met by counter-protests from Black Lives Matter.
“They labeled us a hate group, they didn’t label the Black Lives Matter a hate group,” White Lives Matter member Scott lacy told KHOU-11. “That’s why we are here today, to protest the Anti-Defamation League.”
The White Lives Matter movement claims the Anti-Defamation League has failed to label Black Lives Matter a hate group despite what they call the support and promotion of violence against white people.
Police stood between both groups to keep the peace, which were also separated by about 50 feet of space, and a metal barricade.
“We are here to counter their arguments,” said Ashton P. Woods, an organizer of the counter-protest. “[White Lives Matter] can insult us all they want. What remains is they are white supremacist, they are racist, and they need to go.”
Image: Johnny Silvercloud via Flickr
Rival Protest Groups Clash Outside Anti-Defamation League
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- The Black History Of Canada
- High On School — The Rise Of College Applications In Legalized Recreational Marijuana States
- Draining School Budgets — Cities And States Give Billions In Property Tax Breaks To Businesses — Hurting The Poorest StudentsDraining School Budgets — Cities And States Give Billions In Property Tax Breaks To Businesses — Hurting The Poorest Students
- “Woke” Be Aware Of Racial Injustices In General
- A Black History Month Tribute: Paul Robeson – American Singer, Actor And Civil Rights Activist Became A Hero In ChinaA Black History Month Tribute: Paul Robeson – American Singer, Actor And Civil Rights Activist Became A Hero In China
More from Social JusticeMore posts in Social Justice »
- A Closer Look At Colleges’ Efforts To Increase Racial Diversity
- To Be Black in Trump’s America: American Carnage
- Reparations Should Reflect That Slavery Stole Africans Ideas As Well As Their Bodies
- Voting In Black Areas Went Down, When Confederate-Glorifying Monuments Went Up In The South
- Holding Police Accountable — Justice Department Launches Civil Rights Investigation Of Memphis PoliceHolding Police Accountable — Justice Department Launches Civil Rights Investigation Of Memphis Police