Detroit mother Tracy Brown was waiting for a connecting flight in Turkey when she scuffled with police officers. She never got back home alive.
ISTANBUL — When Tracy Brown arrived in Turkey on her way home to Detroit from Central Asia, she faced a long wait for her connecting flight back to the United States.In the event, she never made the plane.Newly released footage from security cameras shows Brown, 48, arguing with Turkish customs officials and police officers at Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport after her arrival in April 2013 and being led to an interrogation room.Later, she was restrained with handcuffs and finally pinned down on the ground with half a dozen officers on top of her. When she suffered cardiac arrest, a doctor performed CPR on her and sent her to a hospital, but she died 13 days later without regaining consciousness.
American Woman Killed on Her Airport Layover – The Daily Beast
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- For The First Time Nursing Homes Will Have Staffing Requirements — What Will Change?
- To Be Black in Trump’s America: American Carnage
- Voting In Black Areas Went Down, When Confederate-Glorifying Monuments Went Up In The South
- A Favorite Cause Of Republicans Since Reagan — Georgia’s Indictment Of Trump Is A Confirmation Of States ‘Rights’A Favorite Cause Of Republicans Since Reagan — Georgia’s Indictment Of Trump Is A Confirmation Of States ‘Rights’
- Long Before DOJ Inquiry Advocates Say They Saw ‘Horrific’ Conditions In Atlanta Jails