Hey white people, you really need to step your game up and get some more black friends. And by friends, I mean someone who cares enough about you to call you on your shit and vice versa. The black person that you see at the gym sometimes or in a Starbucks line doesn’t count. Y’all ain’t friends, that’s an acquaintance — barely.
Dear White People, You Need More Black Friends
More from JournalismMore posts in Journalism »
- Andrew Brown’s Killing Has Protesters In Elizabeth City, N.C., Marching In The Footsteps Of Centuries Of Fighters For Black RightsAndrew Brown’s Killing Has Protesters In Elizabeth City, N.C., Marching In The Footsteps Of Centuries Of Fighters For Black Rights
- Can A National Student Database Cheapen The College Experience
- Beset By Crime Colombian City Declares ‘Black Lives Matter’
- 4 Essential Reads – How Do You Talk To Your Child About Violence?
- Data Shows, Kids With A Desk And A Quiet Place To Study Do Better In School