Lucy and Desi. Abbott and Costello. Kenan and Kel.For some it might seem like one pair of names doesn’t belong, but if you’re of a certain generation, you know exactly why the final pair made the cut. For kids growing up in the ’90s, Kenan Thompson and Kel Mitchell were the pinnacle of comedy, whether it was All That, Good Burger, or their very own sitcom, Kenan & Kel.It may be hard to believe, but it’s been 20 years since the world first met Kenan Rockmore (Kenan Thompson) and his orange soda-loving best friend, Kel Kimble (Kel Mitchell). To honor the milestone anniversary, Thompson and Mitchell caught up with EW, looking back on the first time they met, having a show named after them, and hanging with Coolio.
Kenan and Kel: The story behind America’s favorite orange soda-loving best friends
More from JournalismMore posts in Journalism »
- To Create A Buzz About Mosquitoes And Ecology I Have City Kids Make Comic Books
- Black Writers And Journalists Have Wielded Punctuation In Their Activism – Here’s How
- Andrew Brown’s Killing Has Protesters In Elizabeth City, N.C., Marching In The Footsteps Of Centuries Of Fighters For Black RightsAndrew Brown’s Killing Has Protesters In Elizabeth City, N.C., Marching In The Footsteps Of Centuries Of Fighters For Black Rights
- Can A National Student Database Cheapen The College Experience
- Beset By Crime Colombian City Declares ‘Black Lives Matter’