Lucy and Desi. Abbott and Costello. Kenan and Kel.For some it might seem like one pair of names doesn’t belong, but if you’re of a certain generation, you know exactly why the final pair made the cut. For kids growing up in the ’90s, Kenan Thompson and Kel Mitchell were the pinnacle of comedy, whether it was All That, Good Burger, or their very own sitcom, Kenan & Kel.It may be hard to believe, but it’s been 20 years since the world first met Kenan Rockmore (Kenan Thompson) and his orange soda-loving best friend, Kel Kimble (Kel Mitchell). To honor the milestone anniversary, Thompson and Mitchell caught up with EW, looking back on the first time they met, having a show named after them, and hanging with Coolio.
Kenan and Kel: The story behind America’s favorite orange soda-loving best friends
More from JournalismMore posts in Journalism »
- In Your Life Or Your Community Who Has Made Black History?
- The Distortion Of Martin Luther King Jr.‘s Words Enables More, Racial Division Within American SocietyThe Distortion Of Martin Luther King Jr.‘s Words Enables More, Racial Division Within American Society
- Not All Insurrections Are Equal
- Megan Thee Stallion And The Catch-22 For Black Women Who Seek Justice
- Moms Demand Action Volunteers Are Turning Activism Into Political Power, 10 Years After Sandy Hook