Lucy and Desi. Abbott and Costello. Kenan and Kel.For some it might seem like one pair of names doesn’t belong, but if you’re of a certain generation, you know exactly why the final pair made the cut. For kids growing up in the ’90s, Kenan Thompson and Kel Mitchell were the pinnacle of comedy, whether it was All That, Good Burger, or their very own sitcom, Kenan & Kel.It may be hard to believe, but it’s been 20 years since the world first met Kenan Rockmore (Kenan Thompson) and his orange soda-loving best friend, Kel Kimble (Kel Mitchell). To honor the milestone anniversary, Thompson and Mitchell caught up with EW, looking back on the first time they met, having a show named after them, and hanging with Coolio.
Kenan and Kel: The story behind America’s favorite orange soda-loving best friends
More from JournalismMore posts in Journalism »
- Study Reveals Neighborhoods With MLK Streets Are Poorer Than National Average And Highly Segregated
- Since The Death Of Dr. King Black Americans Mostly Left Behind By Progress
- There Are Ways To Change Racial And Ethnic Diversity Lacking Among Nonprofit Leaders
- An Economist Answers 3 Questions – Who Benefits From A Break On Federal Student Loan Payments?
- For Black Americans What Kwanzaa Means