Last month, after a Dunkin’ Donuts wrote “#blacklivesmatter” on a police officer’s coffee cup, Tony Lepore, Providence’s infamous dancing cop, who has directed holiday traffic in the city since 1984, organized a protest. He was fired on Tuesday, the Providence Journal reports.
Providence’s Dancing Traffic Cop Got Fired For Protesting Against Black Lives Matter
More from JournalismMore posts in Journalism »
- Black Writers And Journalists Have Wielded Punctuation In Their Activism – Here’s How
- Andrew Brown’s Killing Has Protesters In Elizabeth City, N.C., Marching In The Footsteps Of Centuries Of Fighters For Black RightsAndrew Brown’s Killing Has Protesters In Elizabeth City, N.C., Marching In The Footsteps Of Centuries Of Fighters For Black Rights
- Can A National Student Database Cheapen The College Experience
- Beset By Crime Colombian City Declares ‘Black Lives Matter’
- 4 Essential Reads – How Do You Talk To Your Child About Violence?