Two men, who later admitted to the civil rights-era murder that had become a symbol of racial oppression and violence, were found not guilty by an all-white jury in Mississippi.
US reopens investigation into Emmett Till murder case from 1955
More from JournalismMore posts in Journalism »
- In Preventing Older Americans From Lacking Enough Quality Food, Social Security Benefits Play Key RoleIn Preventing Older Americans From Lacking Enough Quality Food, Social Security Benefits Play Key Role
- Octavia E. Butler Mined Her Boundless Curiosity To Forge A New Vision For Humanity
- From Juneteenth To Reparations: Reclaiming Our Stolen Stories
- Juneteenth: To Thousands Of Blacks Unable To Make Bail Freedom’s Promise Is Still Denied
- Black Women Prefer Hair Products Marketed With Them In Mind