Detroit mother Tracy Brown was waiting for a connecting flight in Turkey when she scuffled with police officers. She never got back home alive.
ISTANBUL — When Tracy Brown arrived in Turkey on her way home to Detroit from Central Asia, she faced a long wait for her connecting flight back to the United States.In the event, she never made the plane.Newly released footage from security cameras shows Brown, 48, arguing with Turkish customs officials and police officers at Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport after her arrival in April 2013 and being led to an interrogation room.Later, she was restrained with handcuffs and finally pinned down on the ground with half a dozen officers on top of her. When she suffered cardiac arrest, a doctor performed CPR on her and sent her to a hospital, but she died 13 days later without regaining consciousness.
American Woman Killed on Her Airport Layover – The Daily Beast
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Reparations Can Be Paid Through School Finance Reform
- 9/11 – What Schools Teach About War On Terror
- ‘Black Women Being Trailblazers’: Spelman Faculty Refuse To Teach In Person As Classes Begin
- Each Day 250 Preschool Kids Get Suspended Or Expelled – 5 Questions Answered
- How Free School Meals For All Children Can Improve Kids’ Health