Detroit mother Tracy Brown was waiting for a connecting flight in Turkey when she scuffled with police officers. She never got back home alive.
ISTANBUL — When Tracy Brown arrived in Turkey on her way home to Detroit from Central Asia, she faced a long wait for her connecting flight back to the United States.In the event, she never made the plane.Newly released footage from security cameras shows Brown, 48, arguing with Turkish customs officials and police officers at Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport after her arrival in April 2013 and being led to an interrogation room.Later, she was restrained with handcuffs and finally pinned down on the ground with half a dozen officers on top of her. When she suffered cardiac arrest, a doctor performed CPR on her and sent her to a hospital, but she died 13 days later without regaining consciousness.
American Woman Killed on Her Airport Layover – The Daily Beast
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Poorest Americans Are Hit Hardest By Inflation Inequality And Soaring Prices On Necessities
- Upending Sexist School Dress Codes – Lawsuits, Complaints And Protests
- Women And People Of Color Benefit From Growing At-Home Businesses The Most
- Coping With Grief During The Holidays – How To Help Those Who Have Lost Loved Ones To Suicide
- For Black Women The Unemployment Rate Just Dropped – What Happened?