The FCC on Thursday took the first step toward cable set-top box reform. One vocal proponent of the new rules is Bob Johnson, who founded Black Entertainment Television. Johnson told Yahoo Finance that the FCC’s decision would make it easier for independent and diverse content providers to reach their audience.
BET Founder on the FCC, the economy and the future of black America
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- In Martin Luther King Jr.’s Neighborhood Black Mothers Will Soon Receive Monthly Cash Payments
- Poorest Americans Are Hit Hardest By Inflation Inequality And Soaring Prices On Necessities
- Upending Sexist School Dress Codes – Lawsuits, Complaints And Protests
- Women And People Of Color Benefit From Growing At-Home Businesses The Most
- Coping With Grief During The Holidays – How To Help Those Who Have Lost Loved Ones To Suicide