Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Craig Kaplan said at the end of the hearing he would take arguments from both sides “under submission” and render a written decision at an undisclosed date. Cosby, 78, lost a previous bid to fend off the same lawsuit on similar grounds last year, a fact Kaplan noted during Thursday’s proceedings. He added that Cosby’s latest challenge to the case “just seems like a second bite at the same apple”. Cosby’s accuser, Judy Huth, now in her 50s, sued the entertainer in December 2014, alleging that he plied her with alcohol and molested her during an encounter at the Playboy Mansion in Los Angeles in 1974. Cosby’s attorneys have called Huth’s account a fabrication, asserted that her case stemmed from a failed extortion attempt and argued that she waited too long, under the statute of limitations, to bring a case.
Judge weighs bid to dismiss child sex abuse claim against Cosby
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- 9/11 – What Schools Teach About War On Terror
- ‘Black Women Being Trailblazers’: Spelman Faculty Refuse To Teach In Person As Classes Begin
- Each Day 250 Preschool Kids Get Suspended Or Expelled – 5 Questions Answered
- How Free School Meals For All Children Can Improve Kids’ Health
- Trauma On Top Of Trauma: Why More Women Are Dying In Jails