LOS ANGELES — Playing in the last game of his 20-year career, Kobe Bryant put on a show for a sold-out Staples Center crowd one final time, pouring in a season-high 60 points and steering his team to a 101-96 comeback win over the Utah Jazz on Wednesday night.
After outscoring the Jazz by himself 23-21 in the fourth quarter, Bryant checked out with 4.1 seconds left, serenaded by “Kobe! Kobe! Kobe!” chants.
Kobe pours in 60 in career finale
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- With The End Of Roe v. Wade – Abortion Funds Are In The Spotlight
- Only About 1 In 5 Engineering Degrees Go To Women
- Right-Wing Groups Like Proud Boys Seek To Build A White Nation – Regardless Of Seditious Conspiracy Charges’ OutcomeRight-Wing Groups Like Proud Boys Seek To Build A White Nation – Regardless Of Seditious Conspiracy Charges’ Outcome
- Most Of The COVID-19 Workforce Were Women Of Color – What Happens Now As Those Jobs End?
- How Women Are Taking Over The Labor Movement ‘This Is Our Time’