An Oak Park man will serve at least 30 years in prison in connection with the slaying of a Detroit woman who went missing last August after she met him on a social media escort website.
Jerome Moore, 27, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder on March 9 and was sentenced Wednesday by Judge Mark Slavens to 30-45 years in prison, according to Maria Miller, spokeswoman of the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office.
Cynthia Worthy, 23, was found stabbed to death last August on the city’s west side in an alley in the 4000 block of Davison. She was last seen at her residence in the 3200 block of Cortland prior to her death, according to Detroit Police, who said Worthy’s sister told investigators she was supposed to meet up with an unknown man later that day.
Oak Park man gets 30-45 years in Backpage murder
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- With The End Of Roe v. Wade – Abortion Funds Are In The Spotlight
- Only About 1 In 5 Engineering Degrees Go To Women
- Right-Wing Groups Like Proud Boys Seek To Build A White Nation – Regardless Of Seditious Conspiracy Charges’ OutcomeRight-Wing Groups Like Proud Boys Seek To Build A White Nation – Regardless Of Seditious Conspiracy Charges’ Outcome
- Most Of The COVID-19 Workforce Were Women Of Color – What Happens Now As Those Jobs End?
- How Women Are Taking Over The Labor Movement ‘This Is Our Time’