An Oak Park man will serve at least 30 years in prison in connection with the slaying of a Detroit woman who went missing last August after she met him on a social media escort website.
Jerome Moore, 27, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder on March 9 and was sentenced Wednesday by Judge Mark Slavens to 30-45 years in prison, according to Maria Miller, spokeswoman of the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office.
Cynthia Worthy, 23, was found stabbed to death last August on the city’s west side in an alley in the 4000 block of Davison. She was last seen at her residence in the 3200 block of Cortland prior to her death, according to Detroit Police, who said Worthy’s sister told investigators she was supposed to meet up with an unknown man later that day.
Oak Park man gets 30-45 years in Backpage murder
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Visiting Family For The Holidays? Surviving Family Gatherings During The Holidays
- When The Holidays Make You Feel Lonely
- Political Violence In America Isn’t Going Away Anytime Soon
- Research Links Microaggressions With Racial Bias – They Aren’t Just Innocent Blunders
- Schools’ Going Back To ‘Normal’ Won’t Work For Students Of Color, Here’s Why