An Oak Park man will serve at least 30 years in prison in connection with the slaying of a Detroit woman who went missing last August after she met him on a social media escort website.
Jerome Moore, 27, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder on March 9 and was sentenced Wednesday by Judge Mark Slavens to 30-45 years in prison, according to Maria Miller, spokeswoman of the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office.
Cynthia Worthy, 23, was found stabbed to death last August on the city’s west side in an alley in the 4000 block of Davison. She was last seen at her residence in the 3200 block of Cortland prior to her death, according to Detroit Police, who said Worthy’s sister told investigators she was supposed to meet up with an unknown man later that day.
Oak Park man gets 30-45 years in Backpage murder
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Reparations Can Be Paid Through School Finance Reform
- 9/11 – What Schools Teach About War On Terror
- ‘Black Women Being Trailblazers’: Spelman Faculty Refuse To Teach In Person As Classes Begin
- Each Day 250 Preschool Kids Get Suspended Or Expelled – 5 Questions Answered
- How Free School Meals For All Children Can Improve Kids’ Health