An Oak Park man will serve at least 30 years in prison in connection with the slaying of a Detroit woman who went missing last August after she met him on a social media escort website.
Jerome Moore, 27, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder on March 9 and was sentenced Wednesday by Judge Mark Slavens to 30-45 years in prison, according to Maria Miller, spokeswoman of the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office.
Cynthia Worthy, 23, was found stabbed to death last August on the city’s west side in an alley in the 4000 block of Davison. She was last seen at her residence in the 3200 block of Cortland prior to her death, according to Detroit Police, who said Worthy’s sister told investigators she was supposed to meet up with an unknown man later that day.
Oak Park man gets 30-45 years in Backpage murder
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- For Decades The Government Has Fallen Short On Contracts With Woman-Owned Businesses
- Helping Make Society More Respectful And Equitable – Nurturing Dads Raise Emotionally Intelligent KidsHelping Make Society More Respectful And Equitable – Nurturing Dads Raise Emotionally Intelligent Kids
- To Catch Students Up After The Pandemic Intensive Tutoring, Longer School Days And Summer Sessions May Be NeededTo Catch Students Up After The Pandemic Intensive Tutoring, Longer School Days And Summer Sessions May Be Needed
- On American Lives, Especially On Blacks And Latinos Pandemic Misery Index Reveals Far-Reaching Impact Of COVID-19On American Lives, Especially On Blacks And Latinos Pandemic Misery Index Reveals Far-Reaching Impact Of COVID-19
- Traumatizing Black People And Communities Across US The Pain Of Police Killings Ripples Outward