Prince may have been worth upward of $300 million when he died last week, suddenly and most untimely at the age of only 57.And according to his younger sister Tyka Nelson, his closest known survivor, the legendary (and legendarily eccentric) artist did not have a will.That on its own sounds most shocking, a man of his wealth not having every base covered in case anything happened to him. Not to mention, in addition to being a creative visionary, Prince was a shrewd businessman who owned all of his recording and publishing copyrights—an almost unheard-of deal these days—and exercised close control over use of his music and image. He didn’t seem like the type of guy who, if you asked him about money, would just say his accountant handled everything. Not that you’d ever ask him about his finances.
Prince Had a $300 Million Fortune and No Will: Is All Hell About to Break Loose?
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- How Free School Meals For All Children Can Improve Kids’ Health
- Trauma On Top Of Trauma: Why More Women Are Dying In Jails
- Study Finds Evidence Of Sex Trafficking In Trade Schools
- Reparations – Why Are They About More Than Money
- For Decades The Government Has Fallen Short On Contracts With Woman-Owned Businesses