Protesters from Black Lives Matter and White Lives Matter trade shouts and angry rhetoric during protest, Police stand between both groups.HOUSTON, TX — Members of the White Lives Matter movement protested outside the Anti-Defamation League on Saturday, and were met by counter-protests from Black Lives Matter.
“They labeled us a hate group, they didn’t label the Black Lives Matter a hate group,” White Lives Matter member Scott lacy told KHOU-11. “That’s why we are here today, to protest the Anti-Defamation League.”
The White Lives Matter movement claims the Anti-Defamation League has failed to label Black Lives Matter a hate group despite what they call the support and promotion of violence against white people.
Police stood between both groups to keep the peace, which were also separated by about 50 feet of space, and a metal barricade.
“We are here to counter their arguments,” said Ashton P. Woods, an organizer of the counter-protest. “[White Lives Matter] can insult us all they want. What remains is they are white supremacist, they are racist, and they need to go.”
Image: Johnny Silvercloud via Flickr
Rival Protest Groups Clash Outside Anti-Defamation League
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Poorest Americans Are Hit Hardest By Inflation Inequality And Soaring Prices On Necessities
- Upending Sexist School Dress Codes – Lawsuits, Complaints And Protests
- Women And People Of Color Benefit From Growing At-Home Businesses The Most
- Coping With Grief During The Holidays – How To Help Those Who Have Lost Loved Ones To Suicide
- For Black Women The Unemployment Rate Just Dropped – What Happened?
More from Social IssuesMore posts in Social Issues »
- As Revealed In The Killing Of Ahmaud Arbery ‘Southern Hospitality’ Doesn’t Always Apply To Black PeopleAs Revealed In The Killing Of Ahmaud Arbery ‘Southern Hospitality’ Doesn’t Always Apply To Black People
- The Use And Abuse Of ‘Outdated’ Citizen’s Arrest Laws Set’s The Stage For Vigilantism – Ahmaud Arbery’s Accused Killers Go To TrialThe Use And Abuse Of ‘Outdated’ Citizen’s Arrest Laws Set’s The Stage For Vigilantism – Ahmaud Arbery’s Accused Killers Go To Trial
- According To A New Survey – Black, Hispanic And Asian American Donors Give More To Strangers In Need As Well As Social And Racial Justice CausesAccording To A New Survey – Black, Hispanic And Asian American Donors Give More To Strangers In Need As Well As Social And Racial Justice Causes
- How Far Has The Black Lives Matter Movement Come?
- Why Doesn’t FBI Data Include LGBTQ+ People Of Color Facing Greatest Risk From Spike In Hate Crimes