Protesters from Black Lives Matter and White Lives Matter trade shouts and angry rhetoric during protest, Police stand between both groups.HOUSTON, TX — Members of the White Lives Matter movement protested outside the Anti-Defamation League on Saturday, and were met by counter-protests from Black Lives Matter.
“They labeled us a hate group, they didn’t label the Black Lives Matter a hate group,” White Lives Matter member Scott lacy told KHOU-11. “That’s why we are here today, to protest the Anti-Defamation League.”
The White Lives Matter movement claims the Anti-Defamation League has failed to label Black Lives Matter a hate group despite what they call the support and promotion of violence against white people.
Police stood between both groups to keep the peace, which were also separated by about 50 feet of space, and a metal barricade.
“We are here to counter their arguments,” said Ashton P. Woods, an organizer of the counter-protest. “[White Lives Matter] can insult us all they want. What remains is they are white supremacist, they are racist, and they need to go.”
Image: Johnny Silvercloud via Flickr
Rival Protest Groups Clash Outside Anti-Defamation League
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Visiting Family For The Holidays? Surviving Family Gatherings During The Holidays
- When The Holidays Make You Feel Lonely
- Political Violence In America Isn’t Going Away Anytime Soon
- Research Links Microaggressions With Racial Bias – They Aren’t Just Innocent Blunders
- Schools’ Going Back To ‘Normal’ Won’t Work For Students Of Color, Here’s Why
More from Social JusticeMore posts in Social Justice »
- Where Racial Disparities Are Shrinking Fast … In Prisons
- Mamie Till-Mobley’s Quest To Educate The World About Her Son’s Lynching Marches On With The Movie ‘Till’Mamie Till-Mobley’s Quest To Educate The World About Her Son’s Lynching Marches On With The Movie ‘Till’
- White Americans See An Increase In Discrimination Against Other White People And Less Against Other Racial Groups – Poll RevealsWhite Americans See An Increase In Discrimination Against Other White People And Less Against Other Racial Groups – Poll Reveals
- From Juneteenth To Reparations: Reclaiming Our Stolen Stories
- The History Of How Emancipated People Were Kept Unfree Needs To Be Remembered, Too – Juneteenth Celebrates Just One Of The United States’ 20 Emancipation DaysThe History Of How Emancipated People Were Kept Unfree Needs To Be Remembered, Too – Juneteenth Celebrates Just One Of The United States’ 20 Emancipation Days