Protesters from Black Lives Matter and White Lives Matter trade shouts and angry rhetoric during protest, Police stand between both groups.HOUSTON, TX — Members of the White Lives Matter movement protested outside the Anti-Defamation League on Saturday, and were met by counter-protests from Black Lives Matter.
“They labeled us a hate group, they didn’t label the Black Lives Matter a hate group,” White Lives Matter member Scott lacy told KHOU-11. “That’s why we are here today, to protest the Anti-Defamation League.”
The White Lives Matter movement claims the Anti-Defamation League has failed to label Black Lives Matter a hate group despite what they call the support and promotion of violence against white people.
Police stood between both groups to keep the peace, which were also separated by about 50 feet of space, and a metal barricade.
“We are here to counter their arguments,” said Ashton P. Woods, an organizer of the counter-protest. “[White Lives Matter] can insult us all they want. What remains is they are white supremacist, they are racist, and they need to go.”
Image: Johnny Silvercloud via Flickr
Rival Protest Groups Clash Outside Anti-Defamation League
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- US Military Has Clamped Down On Racist Speech, Including Retweets And Likes, Faced With A Rise Of Extremism Within Its RanksUS Military Has Clamped Down On Racist Speech, Including Retweets And Likes, Faced With A Rise Of Extremism Within Its Ranks
- College Requirements For Police Forces Can Save Black Lives – At What Cost?
- This Fall, Those Free School Lunches That Helped Families During The Pandemic Won’t Return
- Atlanta Black, Indigenous Activists Resist ‘Cop City’ Plans At Historic Park
- Post-Roe – More Students Will Likely Become Pregnant, Who Will Support Them?
More from Social JusticeMore posts in Social Justice »
- White Americans See An Increase In Discrimination Against Other White People And Less Against Other Racial Groups – Poll RevealsWhite Americans See An Increase In Discrimination Against Other White People And Less Against Other Racial Groups – Poll Reveals
- From Juneteenth To Reparations: Reclaiming Our Stolen Stories
- The History Of How Emancipated People Were Kept Unfree Needs To Be Remembered, Too – Juneteenth Celebrates Just One Of The United States’ 20 Emancipation DaysThe History Of How Emancipated People Were Kept Unfree Needs To Be Remembered, Too – Juneteenth Celebrates Just One Of The United States’ 20 Emancipation Days
- Stopping White Supremacists From Killing People Of Color?
- Are Fatal Police Interactions Avoidable