Protesters from Black Lives Matter and White Lives Matter trade shouts and angry rhetoric during protest, Police stand between both groups.HOUSTON, TX — Members of the White Lives Matter movement protested outside the Anti-Defamation League on Saturday, and were met by counter-protests from Black Lives Matter.
“They labeled us a hate group, they didn’t label the Black Lives Matter a hate group,” White Lives Matter member Scott lacy told KHOU-11. “That’s why we are here today, to protest the Anti-Defamation League.”
The White Lives Matter movement claims the Anti-Defamation League has failed to label Black Lives Matter a hate group despite what they call the support and promotion of violence against white people.
Police stood between both groups to keep the peace, which were also separated by about 50 feet of space, and a metal barricade.
“We are here to counter their arguments,” said Ashton P. Woods, an organizer of the counter-protest. “[White Lives Matter] can insult us all they want. What remains is they are white supremacist, they are racist, and they need to go.”
Image: Johnny Silvercloud via Flickr
Rival Protest Groups Clash Outside Anti-Defamation League
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- A Night Market Creating Opportunity for Black Communities
- For Candidates Like Summer Lee Pennsylvania Didn’t Have A Pipeline — So She Helped Build One
- 3 Ways Teachers Can Do Better With Students Of Color In Special Education Less Likely To Get The Help They Need3 Ways Teachers Can Do Better With Students Of Color In Special Education Less Likely To Get The Help They Need
- Looking Through History May Help Explain Why People Of Color Have Been Missing In The Disability Rights MovementLooking Through History May Help Explain Why People Of Color Have Been Missing In The Disability Rights Movement
- Ketanji Brown Jackson – Black Women Have Faced Intense Scrutiny During Confirmations
More from Social JusticeMore posts in Social Justice »
- Are Fatal Police Interactions Avoidable
- Tipped Restaurant Workers Especially Women Of Color Reported More Harassment During The Pandemic
- Black Girl Magic On Bikes
- An Intimate Glimpse Into Segregation-Era Life For African Americans – The Gordon Parks Exhibit
- Even If It Happened To Someone Who Is White – People Are More Likely To React To A Black Person’s Story Of InjusticeEven If It Happened To Someone Who Is White – People Are More Likely To React To A Black Person’s Story Of Injustice